Our Commitment to keeping you safe and healthy
As the world begins to gradually reopen, we are excited to welcome you to stay at our hotels while meeting your health and well-being standards. When you are ready to travel again, we understand that you will understandably have a heightened awareness and expectation of cleanliness.
Based upon guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as well as guidelines from local and state officials we have developed a comprehensive cleaning and physical distancing protocol. We encourage you to review the US Centers for Disease Control’s website for the latest information about COVID-19.
During your stay with us, there will be some changes you can clearly see, such as the installation of social distancing floor decals throughout the hotel; while others, you can rest assured are taking place behind the scenes, such as the enforcement of heightened and comprehensive cleanliness standards. Our updated cleaning program addresses various areas in the hotel. Here are some key areas where we are making adjustments; however additional behind the scenes cleaning and physical distancing measures are also in place:
1. Front Desk and Lobby:
• New protocols will minimize guest contact with personnel through a streamlined check-in and check-out process as much as possible through electronic concierge services.
• Social distancing measures will be implemented with floor markers, plexiglass barrier at the front desk, seating spread apart, and luggage carts, water stations, and all lobby brochures, magazines and papers will be removed.
• Enhanced sanitization procedures will be in place at the front desk, in the lobby and across guest touch points throughout the hotel with disinfecting taking place regularly.
• Sanitizing stations will be available in the lobby of our hotels.
2. Guest Room and Housekeeping:
• Enhanced and thorough cleaning protocols will be implemented in guest rooms. After each check out, Guest room linens and all touch points, for example, faucets, door handles, light switches, thermostats, clocks, and hangers will be cleaned with chemicals aimed at killing COVID-19.
• Unnecessary items will be removed from guest rooms, such as decorative pillows, bed scarves, paper notepads and pens.
• For guest and employee safety and well-being, daily housekeeping service for occupied rooms will be limited to trash removal and linen replacement. Additional service is available upon requests.
3. Temporary Breakfast Offerings:
• Complimentary Breakfast is temporally suspended at all our hotels.
• Breakfast at our property restaurants may be available in accordance with local and state restaurant guidelines.
4. Public Amenities:
• When allowed to open, amenities such as fitness centers, swimming pools and meeting rooms will be cleaned on closely monitored schedules with disinfecting chemicals. Each evening, these areas may also be sanitized.
• Hand sanitizer or wipes will be provided for guests and employees in all public areas.
5. Hotel Employees and Staff Requirements:
• Hotel employees will follow strict guidelines, including utilizing Personal Protective Equipment, frequent and stringent hand-washing protocols, and housekeepers/laundry staff will wear both gloves and a mask.
• Employee workstations will be cleaned and disinfected after every shift.
• Employees will be empowered to stay home if unwell, communicate their potential exposure to COVID-19 with management and will be fully educated on how to maintain a safe and clean home.
You can also visit the New Orleans and Company website to find out more information about everything New Orleans, from the Louis Armstrong Airport, the Port of New Orleans, the Morial Convention Center to just finding out if your local favorite restaurant is back open.
Thank you for trusting us with your stay. We look forward to hosting you during your visit to New Orleans.
Find out more about what is open in New Orleans
As New Orleans continues to move through it’s phased reopening plan, many of our city’s loved restaurants, attractions, shops, and museums are welcoming customers back through their doors again. You can find out what if your favorite restaurant, attractions, or store is back open at www.neworleans.com